Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Why I love her…becz Indian Education system sucks!

It was daunting Monsoon night, rain was splashing on the road, the rumble of distant thunder was frightening me, beetles’ drone and frogs’ croak were on full swing and as usual I was busy browsing news sites. “Pick up the phone darling” my ringtone chimed once and stopped. It was a miss call. I was busy with Rahul Gandhi’ Mahapanchayat news articles so I didn’t care for the call. After a minute my cellphone beeped and my attention wavered. I opened inbox, the text was same as my ringtone “Pick up the phone darling” “That must be my Shipra” I thought. “Shipra is my girlfriend, a girl with average intelligence and excellent aptitude and she keeps a watch on every social issue and feels as if she is directly involved with it”. I still remember an incident at Delhi’s Jama masjid when she gave all her food which she bought from the ‘Al-Karim’ one of the best non-veg restaurant in Asia, to a street beggar without any hesitation. I have deep respect for her dedicated social awareness. She looks stunning with her sharp big eyes, perfectly drafted nose, flawless bright pink lips and milky white complexion. I texted back, “hey don’t play with me babu”…….after 2 minutes I received another text “who is babu”? This question clogged my mind because she had never asked a question like this, which means it was definitely someone else. I thought the same as any other boy would have had ‘this must be a girl’ and called back, coquettishly a girl replied, “Is this Khus?”. “Ya…, speaking, who are you?” I asked. “Is this necessary to know the name for starting the conversation”, she said in naughty voice. Girls wield more power than God in enticing mankind. “No, not at all” I said in hesitant manner. “What will you do in future?” she asked casually. She threw a storm on me because on the same topic I was thinking since a month. My mind babbled from inside on her question ‘how it could be possible that she know my inside inquisition’. “I will play with a hot chicks’ heart” I quipped. She laughed like an innocent child and said “you must be kidding”. “Do you know there is nothing worse than loving someone who is never going to stop disappointing you”, she said annoyingly. “Someone must have disowned you”, I murmured. She became quite and I realized that this is a taboo topic for her so I tried to change the topic by asking about her boyfriend. I interrupted the silence and asked, “Do you have a boyfriend”. “No, I don’t”, she responded. “You are avoiding the real question, aren’t you?” She subjugated me. “Seriously, I have no idea what I will do in future but I will try to reform Indian education system. Do you know 350 million-plus people lack access to decent primary education in India and this is the root of corruption, huge population, Naxalism, harsh ritualism? The various articles in the Indian Constitution provide for education as a fundamental right but the 2001 national Census of India estimated the total number of child labor, aged 5-14, to be at 12.6 million so my conscience persuades me to revive these flaws”, I babbled. “Many people think to do so in their early days but later they entangle with their career and family and never get time to think about this”, she lashed out. “How can I forget the pain and humiliation which this fucking education system has given to me? I was forced to mug up the facts without understanding since my childhood because of worthless teachers. I fed up with rat race and creepy grading system which creates immense pressure on student. This must be improved and I will do it”, I said quickly. “I wish I could help you in this noble deed but I can’t and remember one thing in life everyone seems to have a clear idea how other people should lead their lives but none about his or her own”, she said in graceful voice and disconnected the phone. I was thrilled and a beep sound buzzed in my ear for some time. I called back three times on that number but she didn’t pick up. After that I became stupor so I shut down my laptop and switched off the light. I tried to sleep but slumber was miles away that night so I thought I should discuss it with Alok- my secret keeper and best buddy in college, an idle genius and a Philomath. I went to his room and called him outside. We discussed about the call whole night and got rid of every possibility. So absorbed were we, that we didn’t realize it was 5 A.M already and the raucous rain and ferocious storm had stopped. The supremacy of gloom had been covered with glorious morning and atmosphere had become serene. We decided to take a nap before the 10 A.M class, he lit the cigarette and I went for slumber. “Pick up the phone darling” my ringtone chimed, I glanced my cell it showed “Babu Calling”. I received the call and said in sleepy voice “Hi darling, when did you come from home. “I have just reached the hostel”, she answered. “Its 9 A.M baba you have class at 10 A.M and you are still sleeping”, she screamed. “I couldn’t sleep properly last night because a girl called and interrogated about my future and after that I spent whole night discussing about her with Alok”, I said. She laughed and said, “She was my friend Pooja and I told her to keep you busy last night so that you couldn’t think about me because it hurts you and I couldn’t talk to you that time. I wish I will be with you when you feel low or sad”. “You are crazy”, I only could say this. “Ok baba I am mad, crazy, insane and lunatic, now you zip your lip and get dressed as soon as possible and don’t wear red t-shirt otherwise your friends will make fun on you because of LAL titled girl in your class…love u” she said affectionately and disconnected the phone. Vote for me now!

1 comment: